- Student must be 15 years old to enroll in Driver Education.
- Under Texas law a person must have Driver Education before they can get their license.
- If a person does not have Driver Education they can’t get a license until they turn 25 years old.
- Students will get the Law phase first and given the proper paper work to go to the DPS and get their permit.
- The Price is set by Region 6. As of right now, the cost will be $322.00
- Simulation phase consists of 12 hours of instruction in simulation driving. Simulators are housed in a 12’ x 60’ mobile classroom.
- Simulation and In-Car phase provides 12 hours of simulation instruction, 4 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, and 4 hours of observation.
- Driver education classroom program provides 56 required hours of classroom, 12 hours of simulation, 4 hours of behind-the-wheel, and 4 hours of observation.